Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorRona
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2017

Great advice layer up. That time of year you can hit temperatures in the 80's so you want shorts and short sleeves or as lindylou says hit snow in the mountain but I wouldn't worry about that. I would plan more for nice spring weather Basicly the temp should be very pleasant. Saying that we are having a wetter colder than normal spring.
      CommentAuthormary75*
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2017 edited

Lindylou is right: layers and one heavy cost or jacket, cheap light plastic raincoat with hood.
    It can get chilly in the evenings in the mountains in Jasper and hot, hot hot in Kamloops (think heat stroke). Vancouver and Seattle are more moderate (think rain).
    Have a safe and pleasant trip and let us know all about it when you get back.
    I can't answer the Canadian Rockies question, but I did want to get back to Rona about the homeowner's insurance. (Couldn't remember what thread it was on.) Rona, I am just going to sit down and read the policy word for word, and then call the company if anything is unclear.
    • CommentAuthorcassie*
    • CommentTime4 days ago

I have just read your edited (May 20) input Wolf, there are some good memories there to hold close.
    It must make you angry to have lost so much.
    Seriously, think about a book, how about "Hello Dickheads" for a title??
    Take care and be kind to yourself, your pusscats need you and this board would be a lesser place without your words.
    Was trying to see the ISS tonight, but there was a solid cloud cover and I couldn't see a thing. Oh well, it was kind of Zen anyway. Keeping one eye on the ground to be able to catch Bandit pooping and clean it up; and keeping one eye on the heavens. There is something profound in all that, but I'm sleepy now, and can't quite put together what it is. Goodnight, all.
    • CommentAuthormyrtle*
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Cassie, Where are you reading the comment by Wolf. I don't see it.
    • CommentAuthorcassie*
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Myrtle, it is back a page here (page 7), where he put all those blank posts. It is dated April the 12th but edited 20th May
    • CommentAuthorbhv
    • CommentTime3 days ago

I just got around to catching up on this thread too. Wolf, your post about camping reminded me of growing up. We went camping as a family every summer. Mom was.expert at packing everything into our little bitty.car. Years later some of my brother's rich friends were soooo jealous of all the places.we.went to. All of our vacations were done with pennies and shoestrings. His friend had.been to Europe, but was jealous of our pictures of our camping trips. Really opened my eyes.
    My backyard here in CA is peaceful in the same way our favorite camping spot was. Lately I've had trouble bringing up that peaceful feeling of that spot. Wolf said something like he was remembering standing with Diane, chest deep in the lake water, holding tight because .... he knew...
    Reminded me of that.camping spot - Forest Lake in Virginia. And reminded me, much later, of hanging on tight, but not saying anything, because..... I knew.... Good Lord. I didn't want to know. But I did....
    Thank you, Wolf, for that image. I can't imagine there.being anywhere else to share such a vulnerable thought. What.other audience would even pause to get that?
    • CommentAuthorWolf
    • CommentTime3 days ago

bhv, I agree there isn't anywhere else such a vulnerable story would connect.

I think that might be an unusual title but I could envision 'Hello Dickheads' as a number of Monty Python tinged explanations as to what various groups in history got terribly wrong explained directly to them as though they were in the room. There is a rich goldmine of examples to choose from which would be helped no end I'm sure by any whiff of talent in that sort of thing.

Alzheimers' footprint is on our lives for some 12 to 14 years. I'm 66 and Dianne and I were together for 46 years. Most of my life and my memories are AD gluten free. I feel no anger at losing such things as camping was because it was us growing out of that and moving on into something else. That's the imprint of personal reality. If we are willing we undergo major changes we just try and get on with it. If we are unwilling, change can be traumatic. (This doesn't apply to loved ones dying obviously).

Speaking of realities here's the transcript of a meeting which may or may not become more apparent by being read:

(knock. knock. meeting comes to order.)

Wolf 1: "This is really bad."
    Wolf 2: "Genius. What do we do about it?"
    Wolf 3: "I'm scared."
    Wolf 4: "Shut up. We need to get a grip. There's a lot of work to do."
    Wolf 1: "We're in really deep doo doo now."
    Wolf 2: "Who's going to do all this work? There's only me and I'm the patient here."
    Wolf 3: "I really am scared."
    Wolf 4: "Shut up. You be the patient. I'll be the doctor."
    Wolf 1: "I don't think we're going to make it."
    Wolf 2: "Ha! This ought to be good."
    Wolf 3: "No one cares how scared I am."
    Wolf 4: "Shut up. Meeting adjourned."

Life is what you make it some say and it may seem to be what we made it but I think it's more accurately described as time and random events no longer intersecting. It all reminds me of Jennifer Grey who had just done Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Dirty Dancing - so she promptly went out and got a nose job and became unrecognizable.

The Shakespeare wag once wrote that there is a tide in events where if taken can lead on to greater fortune but if missed can leave you in the back waters of whatever. This is lunacy. Not taking that tide to the new world for example is a great way of avoiding starving to death in a misquito infested swamp. What testosterone junkies like Shake there miss is that non actions carry equal weight in outcomes in a reality that brings no end of random events.

Like that story Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid. One day you rob a train and the next day you're in Bolivia. "You just keep thinking there Butch. That's what you're good at." And having said that they rode off into the sunset. I'm just kidding. They died in Bolivia.
    • CommentAuthorbhv
    • CommentTime3 days ago

OMG Wolf. I have that meeting every day!
    I don't know why but it cracked me up.when you said "they died in Bolivia". Was it Charlotte with the evil laugh the other day? Bwaaa ha ha.